Markstein, a creative communications agency, is seeking a Media Planner with 2+ years of experience to join their Birmingham, Alabama-based team. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, data driven, organized, and digitally savvy individual with the ability to work across a broad range of client types.
The Media Planner will be responsible for day-to-day management of paid media activities across a variety of platforms and initiatives. This person will manage the execution, optimization, reporting and billing of paid media campaigns and will integrate into account teams to provide strategic direction and input for media plans.
- Prepare channel neutral media plans, including but not limited to, television, radio, print, OOH, and digital
- Support development of recommendations for target audience, geography analysis, budget allocation, scheduling, support levels and plan metrics and reporting
- Oversee plan and budget data execution in the form of developing and reviewing RFPs, contract execution and insertion orders
- Support broadcast negotiations and schedule management
- Manage plan changes and the timely communication of changes to account teams and to media vendors
- Track operational performance of multiple accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline, and budget adherence
- Assist with the client billing process and vendor invoice processing
- Contribute to business growth through building network of industry contacts, participating in relevant professional organizations and sharing best practices and case studies
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-size projects simultaneously
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience directly managing paid media accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with setting up and managing digital campaigns on Facebook, Google and other social platforms
- Proven track record implementing paid media campaigns and developing and implementing optimization recommendations
- Relevant experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or digital media
- Experience with Google business tools such as Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio and Search Console
- Experience developing digital communications/marketing plans and have a firm understanding of digital marketing and media trends
- Experience negotiating across media properties- broadcast, print, OOH and digital
- Experience with media buying platforms- Strata, Advantage, Media Ocean, etc.
- Experience using media planning tools such as Nielsen Scarborough and SQAD
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power Bi, Domo, or similar data visualization platform
The agency team is currently working remotely. Exceptional candidates from geographies outside of our office footprint will be considered. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.