Markstein is looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to join our team as a full-time, in-house copywriter. As a member of the digital team, our copywriter will be responsible for brainstorming ideas, creating concepts, and developing compelling copy for social media, websites, blogs, emails, landing pages, and campaign creative (i.e., ads and promotional material). They must have a strong understanding of SEO and how to naturally integrate keywords into copy, as well as the ability to conduct keyword research on relevant and high-performing search terms for website metadata. Thorough research will be required to understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
- Research and understand client goals and target audiences
- Build social media editorial calendars guided by clients’ digital strategies and industry trends
- Ideate and write original organic social media content (copy, videos, creative pieces, etc.)
- Develop captivating copy for digital ads (Facebook, Google AdWords, Native ads, etc.)
- Conduct SEO research for high-performing keywords that align with client goals
- Write persuasive copy for landing pages that will generate leads and conversions
- Write engaging and keyword-rich website copy
- Write compelling blogs for various clients in a variety of industries
- Develop email marketing campaigns that get opened, read and clicked
- Proofread, edit, and optimize digital copy
- Collaborate with a team from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 3-4 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Experienced in writing for websites, blogs, marketing campaigns, emails, slogans, scripts
- Strong writing style versatility – ability to write for various channels, audiences, and voices
- Excellent editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro with experience working with systems like WordPress, ActiveCampaign, etc.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard AP Style guidelines
- Expert in SEO, keyword research, and integrating keyword strategy into copy and content
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
Exceptional candidates from geographies outside of our office footprint will be considered. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Markstein prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Markstein conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.